G

Friday, June 28th, 2024 3:37 PM

Upload limited to 5mbps

I have the 500 plan and I have been getting up to 700 down and 80 mbps upload until recently. I have a Arris SB8200 and when I contact support they say this modem is too slow and does not support he full speed of my service. this is a load of [Edited: "Language"] because it's been working fine forever. The SB8200 can support speeds up to 262 up and Definity 1+gig down. I'm not sure what is goin on but just want to see if anyone else has seen this before. Why does Xfinity think this is the modems fault or think that this modem is not compatible when it is listed as compatible on xfinity's website. 

I went out and got a new SB8200v2 and registered it with my account... same issue. so I know it not a faulty modem. I've also went outside and connected the modem directly to xfinity's orange cable coming of the ground still the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Gigabyte1024 Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

... they say this modem is too slow and does not support he full speed of my service ...

That's incorrect.

... The SB8200 can support speeds up to 262 up and Definity 1+gig down. ...

Also incorrect. See the "All Compatible Devices" link near the bottom of https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices (at the moment it points to https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.05.17%20Full%20List%20of%20Compatible%20Devices.pdf, but this changes from time to time). It says that the SB8200 is compatible with Internet tiers "Up to 957 Mbps", and the SB8200v2 with tiers "Up to 936 Mbps". So it's certainly compatible with 500 Mbps, but not with Gigabit service, and since the modem is not listed in the "Next Gen Speed Tier" group in that PDF, it is limited to the tier's regular upload speed, typically 20 or 30 Mbps, not 262.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

1 Message

2 months ago

WRT upload speeds, this feels like a case of false advertising. If nothing else the language / presentation of plan information is not nearly as transparent as it should be.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here