U

Sunday, June 16th, 2024 1:29 PM

Uplink speed 5X slower than advertised

Seems to be a lot of posts with the same issue.  Should be getting 100Mbps uplink, getting ~22Mpbs.  My dream machine pro is connected directly to my cable modem (Xfinity supplied ARRIS TG3482G) all upstream and downstream channels locked.  Speed test is automatically run every day at 3AM with the same average results - ~522M down, ~ 22M up.  Rebooted with no change.  Not sure what I can post here so let me know how to help you troubleshoot.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 months ago

Try paying $116 a month for 1000 mbps and consistently getting 50 mbps.  Apparently, this high speed is all that is  available

from my Comcast????  I really don't need anywhere near that much but I am not getting it anyway. :(

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

@user_mxdoz9 Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can help with your internet speeds. Please bypass the router and connect directly to the modem via ethernet then run this test. What speeds are you getting when directly connected to the Xfinity modem?

4 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ 

Windows 11, Chrome 125.0.6422.176, direct to cable modem

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

user_mxdoz9 Thank you! I'd like to take a closer look at the account to ensure that the service is set up for higher speeds. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_mxdoz9 It has been a pleasure to work with you on your services, and getting your issue resolved with your upload speed. We look forward to supporting you in the future, and I hope have a great rest of the day! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I would feel lucky, I have gigabit internet, but out here it is still 20mbps upload. I don't know how many years it's going to take xfinity to upgrade the service, but i can't wait too long. Need to upload large schematics that are at least 100Gb. I'm looking for fiber coming into my area if xfinity doesn't help. I get around 22Mbps upload regularly. Did they send you an email saying they were increasing your upload speeds by 5-10x? They are very hush on what their doing in my neighborhood. I would check the modem to see if it's compatible with the new upload speeds, using DOCSIS 3.1, checking the cables.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@XfinityKassie 

Would you please share with the community what the "fix was" ? This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you. Was it a provisioning issue ?

4 Messages

The "fix" was to sign up again for the same package for another 12 months.  Really.  For me, it was actually an advantage since my old promo rate had just expired.  It seems that if your original rate was lower when they raised the rates on the packages "up to 100Mbps" can be anything below for your current plan.  Signed up for another 12 months of 500/100 and bam!  it's fixed.  This was after all of the normal mid tier support, reboot this and reset that process.  It was obvious that I was being throttled at my old rate.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the info ! FYI. I really wanted the Comcast employee to respond..... You said the word "your". It's not mine. I'm not an employee.

4 Messages

Sorry - "your" relates to the my/mine or our/ours definition of a generic customer :-)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here