U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 5:35 PM

Closed

Upgrading Voice and Data Modem and Cable Modem - Activation Help

Hello,

Our house has both a customer-owned cable modem and a rented voice and data modem.  The cable modem pre-dates the voice and data modem, which Comcast installed when converting the telephone service to VoIP. This is how the devices appear in our account:

Source: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

We recently purchased a new cable modem and a new voice and data modem after experiencing a degradation in service quality. The existing modems are at least 5+ (possibly 10+) years old and are no longer supported by Comcast. The new modems are both supported and approved by Comcast/Xfinity. I believe Comcast had installed a second physical modem for the telephone service because the telephone wires in the house do not extend towards and are not near any of the in-wall coax or ethernet terminals used for the internet and cable service in the house.

What are the steps that we should take to activate the new modems? Is there a phone number we can call to speak with an agent?

From what I understand, the XFinity app will only allow us to activate one modem when two are needed for the separate services.

Many thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_5b64c6

Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I would love to investigate this for you! Please send us a message with your first and last name, as well as house numbers to your service address. To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it”

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ thank you for the directions! I just submitted the direct message. Please let me know if you require anything else?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here