U

Tuesday, August 27th, 2024 11:13 AM

Upgraded to 1000mbps from 800mbps, internet severely much slower.

So we've always had issues with our Internet. We've had Xfinity for about 3 almost 4 years now and we have always had very slow internet. It started getting worse this week. I went to talk to them and they had asked me about upgrading while paying my bill. So I did. I was hoping we'd have better Internet speed but that's not the case. It's much worse. Our downloads are now run on kbps instead and we have only ever gotten about 200 Mbps at most. 

I'm not sure what to do but this isn't what I imagined when upgrading. Not to mention, it is effecting my career as well, since I work from home on a computer. 

Heavily thinking of switching due to this ongoing issue unless it is fixed ASAP. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

22 days ago

user_274rc7 Good morning! We appreciate you reaching out to our Community Forums Team, and brining our internet concerns to our attention. With how much we rely on internet for our daily routines, I can see how have a slow internet connection would be frustrating. I'm happy to take a look into your services, and provide you the next best option for getting the issues resolved. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

22 days ago

I had the same problem certain times of night the 1000 MB download speed dropped all the way down to 167 MB my neighbor had the same issue so it's not our equipment as Xfinity likes to point out it might be in your house no they will lie to you through the teeth also crappy upload speed if you divide that in half because upload speed should be the same as download speed you can compare it to Verizon fiber Xfinity is just stealing money from us I switched my internet to Verizon fiber I am still with cable TV with Verizon for now that's a whole nother story

Expert

• 

106K Messages

22 days ago

@user_274rc7 @XfinityKassie 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here