W

Saturday, October 5th, 2024 2:09 PM

Upgraded to 1000Mbps and am only getting 590Mbps consistently

I have an Xfinity XB6-A router that is supposed to be compatible with 1Gbps, so that shouldn't be the issue. I have a direct wired connection to my computer and there are no other connections to the network to take up the additional bandwidth. I also restarted my router via the Xfinity App and it had no effect on Down/Upload speeds.

I was upgraded for switching my account to autopay. If I am not going to get the advertised speeds then I might as well remove autopay and revert my plan back to 500Mbps, since the speeds I am getting now are exactly the same as before I "upgraded".

I am looking forward to resolving this issue. 

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

11 days ago

Hey there, Wileyy23! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear about the experience with your connection. Have you attempted to swap the Ethernet cord for a new one? There could be a limitation with the computer as some devices are limited on the supported speeds. Have you confirmed your device is capable of the higher speeds? Is there a different device you could connect to test the speed? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here