U

Monday, August 19th, 2024 8:35 PM

Upgraded this afternoon and now dial up speeds

Hi all - Upgraded from 1.2GB to 2GB this afternoon and download speeds have cratered to  15-25mbps from the ~1000mbps-ish I used to get.  Have tried rebooting modem, devices, etc. multiple times. The timing of the slowness coincides with the speed upgrade they put through. Nothing else has changed... just the service request.  Any ideas?!  Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

29 days ago

user_gwqcgh Thanks for reaching out! Are you still having concerns with the speed? It sounds like the bootfile to the modem may not have been updated. 

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ 

Thanks Marty. It’s faster than it was that day, but still slower than it was before the “upgrade”. Speed to the modem itself is fine, but wireless speed isn’t very good. Have tried restarting multiple times. Have tried speed tests right next to the gateway on iPhone 15 ProMax, MacBook Pro, and iPad Pro. Same subpar performance. Also have tried replacing coax and trying a different outlet.

Any chance I can get a new gateway?

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

user_gwqcgh thank you for getting back to us, we would be more than happy to try and troubleshoot your speeds with you to get things back up and running. Have you already tried using the Xfinity Support site?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

29 days ago

Have you tried unplugging your modem, waiting a bit and plugging it back in? When my download speed was raised from 200 mb/sec to 300 mb/sec I was still seeing 200 mb/sec. I unplugged my modem, waited about 30 sec. and plugged it back in, 350 mb./sec. Unplugging and replugging may download a new boot file, dunno but anyway it worked.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here