T

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 8:16 PM

Closed

Upgraded from 100 Mbps to 400 Mbps but still getting 100 Mbps

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the 400Mbps internet plan from 100Mbps. I have been on several calls with Xfinity support and that didn't fix the problem. I had one of their technicians call me over the phone and tell me I need to upgrade my modem from a DOCSIS 3.0 to DOCSIS 3.1 modem, which I did by upgrading from Netgear CM500 to ARRIS SB8200. But that didn't fix it either. Then a technician came in-person to my house and tried fixing it but to no avail. Is there anyone on here that can help me with this issue? 

My current setup - 

Coaxial cable -> SB8200 -> Ethernet Cable -> TP-Link AC1750. 

I have done the speed tests on Wifi, ethernet cable coming out of the router and an ethernet cable straight from the modem. They all give me the same result of 85-95 Mbps. I constantly get 10-12 Mbps upload speed which is the specified plan speed. 

Any help would be massively appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a netgear Nightwork that support 2.4G/5G, one I switch to 5G option, the speed will be 300mbps, if I use 2.4G, the speed stays on the same 100mbps, but they never goes up to 400mpbs 

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello and thanks for reaching out @user_79e49f. I would love to assist you with your internet. Let's get your account pulled up so we can take a deeper dive. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

3 years ago

@Tmk497    Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Forums! 

Our team will do our best to help you out regarding the internet speeds. Lets take a look into your account together. Can you please send us a private message with your full name and service address? To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi, guys,

I recently upgraded my plan from 100 Mbps to 400 Mbps blast, but my internet speed test shows about 100 Mbps and uploads 10 Mbps, and the next day I got 400. It is up/down all the time,  I even connected my Cat6 cable directly to my modem and still get 100 Mbps. Does anyone know why? My modem model:  ARRIS  D3.0 SBV3202 and my router AC2150 MU-MINM TRI-BAND.  My desktop computer‘s Ethernet card supports 10/100/1000 speeds.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

@user_4b5420​ 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 4-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here