pete_c's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 9:47 PM

Closed

Upgraded Arris SB6190 modem to an Arris SB8200 modem

The modem disconnects from the internet 1-2 times a day and PFSense firewall fails over to secondary internet connection.

I am returning the modem to Amazon.

When I switched I asked about getting Gb.  I did agree on a non contract rate for Gb only after I test this new SB8200 for a couple of weeks.

Today I asked if the modem firmware could be upgraded to work on XFinity as it is not working at this time.

Response was:

I understand your frustrations. Since we can not guarantee the functionality of equipment other than ours, I would not be able to provide any updates or offer guarantee on it. I am sorry.

This is after 20 years of purchasing my own modems (all SB used for Comcast Internet). 

I have cross posted these issues on DSL Reports / XFinity Forum and Amazon where I purchased the Arris SB 8200.

Current historical infrastructure has been:

modem ==> PFSense box (6 interfaces) ===> managed POE switches and Ruckus WAPs. 

I am not as much concerned about speed as I am about stability.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

@pete_c, I can only imagine your frustrations with that type of constant intermittent connection, but I still have your back on this. I've responded to your last private message to continue narrowing down our way to a solution and I look forward to continuing to work with you. Are you able to reply back privately? 

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 years ago

@pete_c 

Start with the modem's signal stats. Perhaps they already are, or they are close to being out of spec and intermittently they go completely of spec. Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you EG.  Signal levels are in spec and similar to the SB-6190.    I posted JPG status and event log images in the private PM. 

I am also posting now on DSL Reports....There was a lot of help there when Verizon sold my FIOS account in FL to Frontier then Frontier slammed my account.   

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

3 years ago

Your welcome but none of that helps me / any of us here in these open / public help boards... I / we would like to see the stats right here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here