ssechskies's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 5th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Updating firmware for my OWN cable modem

I have my own Netgear CM1000 modem.

Netgear says I cannot update the firmware on my own, that Comcast will have to push it. 

Current firmware version is v5.01.04. 

According to Netgear Comcast has v6.01.02.

I've tried talking with an agent on the phone with no luck. 

Tried asking them to escalate, with no luck. 

Can someone please push the firmware update to me???

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

5 years ago

It should’ve came through automatically. Have you tried rebooting the modem, or give the modem a factory reset to see if it helps the update push?

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

5 years ago

@ssechskies wrote:

I have my own Netgear CM1000 modem.

Netgear says I cannot update the firmware on my own, that Comcast will have to push it. 

Current firmware version is v5.01.04. 

According to Netgear Comcast has v6.01.02.

I've tried talking with an agent on the phone with no luck. 

Tried asking them to escalate, with no luck. 

Can someone please push the firmware update to me???

FWIW, it may still be in the testing stages. YMMV.

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

5 years ago

@ssechskies wrote:
AND, I'm pretty sure it doesnt come through automatically if it's not a Xfinity equipment I'm renting.

It does indeed get pushed automatically. It does whether it's rented or customer owned, the ISP updates ALL  modem's firmware's.

Couple of the agents I've talked to over the phone basically told me "sorry you're sh*t out of luck", .

They are incorrect. Be advised that it not only may still be being tested, If Comcast engineers deem that there is something wrong with it, a particular version of firmware may never get distributed.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, I've tried rebooting it 3 times yerday and about 5 times the day before. I had to in order to at least the connectivity issue resolved for the time. AND, I'm pretty sure it doesnt come through automatically if it's not a Xfinity equipment I'm renting. Couple of the agents I've talked to over the phone basically told me "sorry you're sh*t out of luck", not in those exact words, but I've read couple other threads on the forum and seem like some people were lucky enough to get a hold of some ppl to push the firmware through.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Not work for Comcast but I do know that updates often don't get pushed because the modem is correctly registered with your account.

Check https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices to be sure that your Modem is identified correctly

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

5 years ago

OP hasn't returned. Thread closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here