U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, January 18th, 2024 7:20 PM

Closed

Up load speed below 10Mbps after Xfinity upgrade

I am on the Superfast plan (800/20). Since the plan change to 800/100 my modem upload speed has been reduced to 10mbps, it actually varies below that speed.  My download speed is very good, meets or exceeds my plan.  I know that the software used to change the upload speed had problems and has caused even those with Xfinity XB7 modems to be affected.  This has also caused problems with my home security protection. Iam looking for this to be corrected soon. Can you help?

My modem is a Netgear CM2000 (2.5g down/1g up) which has performed very well on the Superfast plan up until the upload speed change.

additional information:  I have connected directly to the CM2000 with a Cat6A cable from a computer. I also used another modem (same configuration) and ran speed tests with it. No difference in outcome. Download speed are as expected for plan, but the upload speed is not. 

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

Well, A good tech came to my home today.  Did some testing on the cable from the house to the cable pedestal. He rolled out and connected a new cable but had the same problems as the original. He then replaced a cable grounding block in the cable box at my house and reconnected the existing cable.  After several restarts, the modem responded, and is now running at its previous great speed. Hopefully, I will be able to upgrade my speed to 800/100 when available in my area. It was a good day! Iam happy.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

I have tried all the "recommended solutions" but I am still unable to improve my connection speeds. Now both downstream and upstream have slowed. As I stated before, I even provisioned another modem with the same results.  A technician was scheduled to come to my house on Thursday, Jan 18, but I received a cancellation noticed a short time later.  No reason was given for the cancellation. 

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

6 months ago

Wow isn’t this model supposedly compatible with the 100mbps speed upgrade?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes, it is and it appears now that when Xfinity released the upgrade to my plan they actually demoted my modems upload speed. This is probably a software code issue.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I went from a plan with an average speed of 500/30 Mbps. The download speed could vary from 800 to 100 Mbps, but the upload speed was always steady between 25-33 Mbps. Then, after a big release, my upload speed shot up to 130 Mbps [Edited: "Inflammatory"] Now, I'm stuck with 500 Mbps down and only 10 Mbps up, which fluctuates between 8-11 Mbps. Cool. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

Thank you for your detailed post, @user_4bf022! Many including myself are excited for higher upload speeds in our Enhanced Speed Markets. As part of our ongoing network upgrades, we're increasing Xfinity Internet upload speeds for customers across our footprint. Eligible customers in certain areas will receive up to 10 times their current upload speeds at no additional cost.

Available COAM Devices: Updated 11/30/23:

HitronTechnologies CODA 
HitronTechnologies CODA56
Netgear CM3000*
Netgear CBR750
CommScope G54

*When released

Customers will not receive faster upload speeds if they:

- Do not reside in an Enhanced Speed market
- Have Internet Essentials/Internet Essentials Plus or Prepaid Internet
- Customer-owned and managed (COAM) modems that are not on the approved list at this time
- Have an XB2 or XB3 Xfinity Gateway
- Are on a Legacy speed tier (examples include Blast! Pro+, Performance Select, etc…)

2023.11.22 Full List of Compatible Devices

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

I went from a plan with an average speed of 500/30 Mbps. The download speed could vary from 800 to 100 Mbps, but the upload speed was always steady between 25-33 Mbps. Then, after a big release, my upload speed shot up to 130 Mbps[Edited: "Inflammatory"] Now, I'm stuck with 500 Mbps down and only 10 Mbps up, which fluctuates between 8-11 Mbps. Cool. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

davidk3 - Our team can help troubleshoot. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here