U

Thursday, August 8th, 2024 9:26 PM

Unstable Internet

Hi there,

I called Xfinity last year and upgraded my modem and subscription and got talked into some kind of upgrade with television (which I don't want). It was to fix the unstable internet. The problem has persisted. I have done the reboot sequences and calling Xfinity is such a problem. I am required to call, do the reboot sequence. Wait for a text. Call again, at which point it wants to perform the reboot sequence again instead of putting me through to a technician. Last year I did this and it took 3 days. I don't have that kind of time but at this point the Zoom calls getting dropped and the need to refresh devices over and over again are really disrupting life and work. 

Please let me know the fastest way to figure out what is going on and how to fix the problem WITHOUT working on this issue for 3 days without internet or with interrupted internet for repeated rebooting sequences. 

Thank you,

Stephanie

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey @user_shygal, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Internet service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. To gauge how the Internet is performing, could you quickly perform a speed test and provide the results?  

7 Messages

Hi Demitrius,

Thanks for replying. Yes, download speed 88.1 Mbps, upload 16.2.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_shygal Thank you for those results and to be sure what are your expected plan speeds? You can check this in the services tab in your Xfinity app.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

Up to 800 Mbps download speed according to the app. Thanks! Stephanie

7 Messages

Even posting an answer to your question or looking up the expected plan speed took repeated turning on and off wi-fi on computer and phone, and multiple attempts to login and post. This is really not working. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

user_shygal Have you tried checking the Xfinity app or https://www.xfinity.com/support/status for any possible service interruptions that might be active? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_shygal @XfinityJorge 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

7 Messages

Yes, I will, thank you for the help in this forum!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here