U

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 9:28 PM

Unstable internet, damaged equipment on my street

Hello, my internet is unstable, i get timeouts and critical errors on my modem that make online gaming very difficult. I have had a technician come and check the wiring at my house and my house wiring is good. However, he believes there is a larger issue of where the lines feed in to my street as other neighbors have had issues as well. He stated he was going to file a ticket to have the team that works on that to come out, but i have no way of following up on that or seeing the status. This issue has been ongoing and is very frustrating, i just want a stable connection. Any help on getting technicians to check the equipment that feeds into my street would be very much appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hi there, user_09j6m4! I am sorry to hear that has been so much trouble with your service! I am glad that you had a visit to further address this. The technician put in what we call a Refer to Maintenance ticket. Those are typically completed within 72 hours but can sometimes take longer depending on the work that needs to be done and if they need a permit or not. When did you have your visit? 

2 Messages

Hi, my visit was on Monday

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_09j6m4 Gotcha! I'm happy to take a closer look on our side for updates, and answer these questions for you. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and the service address we will be working with today? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here