U

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 8:49 PM

Closed

Unstable connection

My internet keeps going down periodically, several times an hour. My tv has begun spinning  and it never did this before. I am being kicked off sites daily, several times a day. This began just over a week ago and I have reported all issues but it’s not fixed yet. It’s very hard to get a human on the phone when I call in. I thought this was a great company but now I’m not too sure. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @user_c32242. Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about your situation. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening so often over the past week. We can help get to the bottom of this. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you check the coaxial connection on both ends (modem and wall plate) to make sure it's connected properly and tight? Did you try rebooting your modem manually or through our awesome Xfinity App?

4 Messages

I still do not  have stable internet connection. Modem has been restarted every day for the last 2 weeks, modem replaced, new coax cord still no resolution 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for sharing, @user_c32242. What type of connection are you using (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)? Is the modem rebooting when you lose connectivity? Or is it just the network connection that drops? 

(edited)

4 Messages

I’m using Ethernet and wifi once the internet goes down it comes back up sometimes like 1 minute and at times it takes 5 minutes of more This kicks me off websites ect 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

To confirm, @user_c32242. Both connections go out at the same time, correct? Or just the Wi-Fi network? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

mainly it’s the Ethernet but my computer which is connected via Ethernet and the tv which has a fire stick-wifi both go out at the same time 

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@user_c32242 Our team can take a further look into this for you. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here