U

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 10:03 PM

Unstable Connection But No Outage

Consistently (at least 2-3x per day), I experience an "unstable" internet connection while on a Zoom/GoogleMeet call. It has been an on-going issue for several weeks now. I've checked my equipment and can't find any issues, speed tests "to my property" are strong, and there are no reported outages. My local Xfinity store rep told me a few weeks ago that planned network upgrades would resolve the issue, but it hasn't. I work from home, so a reliable internet connection is critical. 

I rent an Xfinity modem and have multiple Google WiFi access points, which I have tested in new locations, etc. 

Any idea what the issue is or what I should do to troubleshoot it? Would it be beneficial to have a technician visit my home to test the service and my network configuration? 

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

3 months ago

I didn't receive a response from Xfinity support, but it appears I was able to resolve the issue on my own. 

I performed a hard reset on my three Google WiFi access points, and the change has been incredible. My wifi access has been rock solid, and the download/upload speeds have increased substantially. 

Official Employee

• 

528 Messages

3 months ago

Good afternoon @user_7tywxm. If you are still having issues, we can further investigate what is going on. When you have a moment, send us a direct/private message with your full name and address.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

Thank you for the response. I just submitted my message via the Direct Message chat.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here