U

Saturday, July 27th, 2024 3:18 PM

Unexplained increase in data usage

I just received notification that I have utilized almost 90% of my monthly data. After reviewing my current data usage, it appears that over the months of June and July my data usage has dramatically increased. Historically, I utilize 150-200 GB of my 1250 GB plan per month. I have not changed my internet use nor do we have newly connected devices. I have also ensured that there are no unknown devices on my network. What is happening?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_cuu0w8 Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can help with your data usage questions. If you want to dispute the amount of data used, please reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team. They are the only team with the tools necessary to investigate data usage. 

If you're interested in unlimited data, I'm happy to check out available offers. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here