freymish's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 5th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

unable to login to gateway interface

My modem/AP gateway was replaced a few weeks ago. I went to log into the http://10.0.0.1 interface and I can't. The default of admin password does not work. I have no idea what it should be. Help? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

This is not about wifi in any way. I have no issues with that. This is about changing settings for the gateway router.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

4 years ago

You have to do it with the online portal in your account, or using the Xfi app now.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes this is an Xfinity device. The sticker on the side shows two SSIDs and what I assume is the password for those. I need the password for the gateway admin site of the router so I can add some port forwards and the like.

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

4 years ago

Is this an xfinity owned deviced or personally owned?  There should be a sticker on the side with the username/password for the interface.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

The online portal will allow me to reset the modem but I don't seen ay options for administration of the gateway itself. This is such a headache.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

For posterity and because there's nothing more annoying than people who ask questions on public forums AND THEN DON'T POST THE FIX!!!  Seiously, these folks need to get an uncomfortable case of diarrhea in a public place where you can only use the bathroom if you buy something. 

Ok, rant ended. You have to download the mobile app and set it up. Once there go to the Network icon on the bottom of the page.  On the Network Devices section click on the Gateway icon. Scroll down to the bottom the pageand select advanced settings, the port forwarding option is there.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

4 years ago

Not sure if your comment was directed at me but............................ This is not real-time customer service here..........;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE !@

WOULD LIKE TO FIRE XFINITY DUE TO LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE !

WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO FIRE XFINITY SO I CAN MOVE TO A CARRIER WHO DOES PROVIDE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

3 years ago

@user_84ea36 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. Year old dead now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here