Unable to Delete Existing Port Forward Protocols
Please help! I have gone through multiple Live Chats and multiple calls to 1-800-XFINITY, yet no one is able to find me the solution to my problem.
Essentially, I forwarded two ports to my desktop computer in order to run a server. I did so before we wired my home, so while using a wireless connection, hence my device being assigned a particular IP. After we wired the home, I attempted to forward these same ports to whatever the assigned IP was now that I was connected via ethernet. For whatever reason, I am unable to delete the existing Port Forwarding protocols associated with the original IP address.
Here are all of the fixes I've already tried:
- Restarted my Gateway.
- Restarted my computer.
- Used the XFI app on both my Android and Apple devices.
- Used a different computer.
- Turned off Advanced Security.
- Attempted to re-assign my current IP to the one associated with the already forwarded ports. I did this in 10.0.0.1, but for whatever reason the changes will not stick.
- Reconnect with the same computer using the WiFi in order to unassociate the ports. By doing this, I was able to assign my computer back to the original IP address. Unfortunately, even though I was now associated with the old address, it still would not allow me to delete the existing rule.
- Much more...
I am desperate for help ASAP so I can get my server live again. Please do not send me the guide for port forwarding, as I've been sent this by multiple Xfinity technicians already.
Thank you in advance!