leta_h618's profile

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, May 27th, 2024 1:11 PM

Unable to connect Brother printer to new Gateway XB8

We set this up yesterday. Our phones and laptops connected easily. We have so far tried everything to connect our Brother MFC-L2700DW wireless printer, nothing works. Having the same issues with our TIVO

The WPA is set to 3, would changing to WPA-2 work? Don't know how to do that. I've gone into the edit settings and it doesn't give the option to change it.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

710 Messages

1 month ago

letahill Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. You may need to check the user guide for your devices, but hopefully these steps can help as well.

To change the Comcast router security level to WPA2 /AES you can follow these steps:

1. Connect to your WiFi network and go to http://10.0.0.1, and sign in.
Note: If you haven't changed it, the default username is admin and the default password is password.
2. Once logged in, you can go to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi.
3. To change your Security Mode, select Edit next to Security Mode, then select your WPA2 mode.
4. Once your desired option is selected, hit Save Settings.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I was able to change it from the app, still didn't work. The printer is searching but can't find the network. will try changing on the router

was able to change on the app, still doesn't work. The printer searches for the network and cant find it. we also added the mac address- still no luck

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityThomasD​  when I log in to the router and try to edit, everything is greyed out and I can't change anything. Shouldn't I be able to change these settings?

Official Employee

• 

710 Messages

Some of the settings may have been disabled with the newer gateways to make sure there are no other connection issues with the dualband WiFi. Do you have the option to connect the printer with an ethernet cable, just to test if you are able to adjust settings while it is connected?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

we will try. The TIVO is now working, the agent sent a new signal. We now have the 2.4 and 5 ghz in the WP2 mode and all connected devices are working.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here