U

Monday, September 23rd, 2024 9:41 PM

Unable to change Wifi signal channel, absolutely desperate for help

I AM DESPERATE FOR A SOLUTION. My entire house is forced onto the 2.4ghz channel because we have signal overlap and it has been awful. I NEED to change my 5ghz to channel 44 instead of 157, but Xfinity is making is impossible to do so. 

It used to be that I could log into the modem/router on a web browser and change all admin-related settings for my wifi. Now they grey all of it out and force the app usage. I have been trying to change this for days now.

The app conveniently will not load the ONE PAGE that I need, the LAN and WAN section. It says "An error occurred. If this persists, please try again later"

Well, it has been days. I have called technical support and they have been useless. They thought I was talking about television channels. 

If someone knows exactly what needs to be done and how to do it on this terrible app, PLEASE tell me how its done. I will be eternally grateful

9 Messages

22 days ago

Also this post is private? How do I change it to public.. this is so maddening 

Official Employee

• 

905 Messages

20 days ago

user_3n9eod thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out. From what I can see on my end the post is listed publicly, but we would be happy to assist you with your wireless band concerns. Firstly, which model of gateway are you currently using to connect?

9 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ I am using the Xfinity XB8. 

Just to note, the page I need on the app is STILL down. "We encountered an issue"... how has this not been updated yet? It has been nearly a week of being inaccessible 

Edit: Also thanks for getting back to me! Im looking forward to hearing your solution

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

It is our pleasure to help however we can, @user_3n9eod! Thanks for confirming your Wireless Gateway model. I, too, have the XB8! I love how it works (and looks), and would be happy to see what we can do about your bandwidth concern. It sounds like you've already seen some of the basics listed here. According to this article though, "Advanced WiFi settings for Gateways with this software enhancement are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool or the Xfinity app" for our XB6 model and higher. However, if you feel there is still an issue with a part of the app that you should have access to, some basic troubleshooting is always the best place to start (i.e. force-close the app, uninstall and re-install it, confirm the latest updates are installed, clear its cache, etc.) Please let me know if this helps, and if you still have any questions! Our Digital Care Team remains here to support you and your household however we can :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

@XfinitySara​ Hold on, you're telling me I cant change the signal channel?... this is something that was easily changed manually via logging into the modem itself, but you guys at xfinity REMOVED MY ABILITY TO DO SO by forcing me to use this awful application, and now you're telling me you've removed the option to make any avanced changes all together? Can you please confirm for me that you are telling me I cannot change the signal channel?

9 Messages

@XfinitySara​ I have completely exhausted all "basic troubleshooting" avenues. I am an advanced user that has no problem with "basic troubleshooting", this is well beyond that. 

Please address my previous comment

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_3n9eod - I can appreciate your concern, and the fact that you are an advanced user. For the sake of your inquiry, and any in the community with similar questions, we always do our best to share as much information as we can that may help. That being said, and to reiterate what I stated above, advanced WiFi settings are not visible and cannot be managed from the Admin Tool online or within the Xfinity App for XB8 Gateways with that particular software enhancement. However, if you are experiencing connectivity concerns such as slower than expected speeds or an intermittent connection, we can definitely offer additional remote troubleshooting as necessary.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here