Walaker1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, May 16th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Unable to Change Wifi Network Name and/or Password

I recently noticed my wifi network name and password reverted back to the defaults printed on the router (a TG862tg).  I have changed them successfully in the past, but am unable to do so now.  I have tried via the Xfinity website repeatedly and get a message indicating success and telling me the network changes will take about 45 seconds, but the wifi name and password never change.  I also tried on my iPad using the app with the same result.  I have pushed the reset button on the router for 30+ seconds, unplugged the power for 5 minutes, unplugged the cable, and tried restarting the router from the website - all with no success.  I have also tried changing just the name, or just the password, and tried using a more complex password with numbers, mixed case letters, and characters.  No luck.  Any ideas?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, RobertWy, that link is the place where I have been trying unsuccessfully to change my Wifi name and password.  I click Edit, the type in a new name and password (or one at a time).  When submit I get a green circle with a check and it tells me to wait about 45 seconds - then nothing. I just tried again.  

Minor correction to my original post - my Gateway is a TG862G.... had an extra letter in there.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry, RobertWy, thank you for your ideas but nothing on that link is helpful or new.  I was doing it correctly, and tried both online via My Account and through the app for mobile divices, but no success.  Finally I was able to reach one of their service associates via Messanger.  They were able to reset my wifi name remotely and thought that would allow me to change the PW, but it still would not allow me any changes.  We finally agreed the modem may be faulty and they sent out a replacement for me.  After going though the set up function I was finally able to change the name and PW though it did not change right away.  I went through the process 3 times before it took.  I am not sure if it was a similar glitch, or perhaps it just took 15 or so minutes for the modem to make the change.  Whatever it was, it seems to finally be done.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

When I change my WiFi password in the app and via brower, the password does not change

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@user_db9939

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue (copy your post and paste it there). Thanks. Re-closing this year old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here