U

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 3:05 AM

Unable to activate internet because device has no CM MAC #

Just moved into an apartment with ready to go xfinity devices. Can't activate my internet via the xfinity app on my phone because it asks me to scan the QR code on the device then enter a CM MAC #. There is nooo CM MAC # on the device and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ON THE SUPPORT LINE UNDERSTANDS WHAT'S GOING ON. They keep asking for the CM MAC #, but the device only lists  eMTA MAC, EPON MAC, and WAN MAC. Been running around in circles and put on hold for literally 8 hours. I just need some internet. Please help. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

Have you tried using the WAN MAC. Some devices call it the CM MAC, some call it the WAN MAC.

(edited)

2 Messages

I’ve tried inputting all 3 without any luck

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

What is the exact make and model number of the device ?

2 Messages

It’s a skinny black xfinity device, model: X5001

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

OK that is for their Fiber To The Home Service. Is that the service that the premises has ? Or is it the conventional DOCSIS / coax cable service ? If it's a fiber connection, the EPON MAC is to be used.

3 Messages

My apartment is equipped for fiber. When I use the app to enter the EPON MAC it just says it can't be found and to contact support... and support keeps asking for a CM MAC number which my device does not have. There's no where on the app to enter an EPON MAC, just a CM MAC. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_qv8175. I appreciate you making us aware that you're having a difficult time activating your internet service due to the missing QR code. I'd be more than happy to help activate your services.

In the meantime, you may connect to one of our Xfinity hotspot signals while we get your services to work properly. To find your nearest hotspot, go to xfinity.com/wifi and enter your zip code. Once you are at the location, follow the instructions at xfinity.com/wifi to join the hotspot.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I'm unable to find your name when creating a private message. Only xfinitysupport. 

There is a QR code on my device, but when I scan it in the app it then directs me to input the CM MAC # as the only option. 

Unfortunately there is no xfinity hotspot near me, I'm connected now via mobile hotspot. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

@user_qv8175​ 

You need to use the Xfinity Support name as the employee stated. Not the employee's name.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

OK I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) who are available to these boards. Perhaps they will be able to get this sorted out for you. Good luck !

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@user_qv8175 @XfinityRaul 

Please post back here with how things turn out. Thank you !

1 Message

29 days ago

Having problems setting up my Xfinity modem it's white I guess it's wifi. Light blink white put in information and nothing happens, I given have the cable box from Xfinity and it [Edited: "Language"] getting movies/ streaming only if it's free to me. I have a TCL ROKU TV that has the peacock apps netflix and many more only way to get those if I have internet, I have a Blu-ray PLAYER and no apps shows up.

[Edited: "All Caps"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

user_8itu37 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here