U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 11:43 AM

Closed

Unable to access the administrator gateway login for xfinity modem.

So to access the xfinity gateway administrator login page you need to go into a browser type in 10.x.x.1 (x can be replaced with whatever number was set as the ip) and normally a login screen to the modems admin settings SHOULD appear. For thr past week, however, i have been unable to access the login page. It just times out. I have tried resetting the modem using the pinhole through the back, unplugging it or by app. Didn't work. So I tried accessing the adimin login via a different browser. Didn't work.  Next I tried different devices. Tried different computers, tried the phone. Still no response.

And the administrator login page IS NOT the xfinity xfi login. That is a separate thing in itself. 

I am [Edited: "Language"] out of luck right boe and don't k oe what to do. Rhe pinhole in thr back doesn't do a factory reset and the only way I k oe to factory reset aside fromthat is via the administrator settings. 

Can someone help me?

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

3 years ago

The default addy is 10.0.0.1. The default username is admin and the default password is password 

Are you holding in the reset button for 25-30 seconds after you depress it ?

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, @user_666035 . Thank you for reaching out to us and posting via our forums. The admin login page should be 10.0.0.1 and should not change. May I ask for what reason you are trying to access the admin page for the gateway? All settings should be available via the Xfinity app directly or the Xfinity website to manage the device. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I've been trying to remove an offline device that still has its ip and mac address registered with the modem even after closing to forget the device in the xfinity app.  I am about to conclude that there is nothing to be done short of chosing the nuclear option of just factory resetting the modem. 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the information. Is it a device that connects regularly and you are trying to remove it while it's offline or do you no longer have the device in your home and you are trying to forget it? 

Expert

• 

106.4K Messages

3 years ago

@user_666035 

My question ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here