6910674's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, February 7th, 2022 4:35 PM

Closed

Unable to Access Modem Admin Page (192.168.0.1) --> SSL Issues

Have been experiencing intermittent connection issues.  Requested that Comcast reprovision my modem / perform a signal refresh.  Ever since, the connection issues are still occurring and I can no longer access the admin page (192.168.0.1) for my modem/router.  The error states:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.0.1 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Hide details
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.
I have tried the following:
  • Multiple browsers
  • Multiple devices (both wired & wireless)
  • Clearing browser history / cache
  • Power cycling modem

Please advise!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Does unencrypted link http://192.168.0.1/ work?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@BruceW​ It does not.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem and have done the same troubleshooting.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I'm sorry to see that @unitke ! Are you using one of our Xfinity Wireless Gateways or a personal modem?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have a personal SBG6900-AC.  Have had no problems with it for years.

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

3 years ago

I recommend getting zenmap GUI and doing an analysis.  It's not that hard to setup and run.

https://nmap.org/zenmap/

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This is what I got.  Still do not know how to fix it.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

I appreciate the images. We want to see what next steps we can take to get this resolved for you. Please send us a Peer to Peer message to continue. I'll share some steps below on how to reach peer to peer chat. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have this issue... I was not able to log in with Chrome or Edge but I was able to with Internet Explorer.  It will warn you that the certificate is invalid but it will let you continue.

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

@unitke​ 

tcpwrapped means Port 80 on your modem has been modified to block network access.

This happened after it was connected to the Xfinity network.

If you disconnect your modem from the Xfinity network and reset the modem to factory settings and connect the modem directly via ethernet to your PC, you will be able to access port 80 with your web browser.

Nobody you will contact will be able to tell you why this happens.  Obviously, there are individuals that know why it happens - but, their knowledge is not available to the public.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem.  I am using Windows 11.  It isn't working in any browser.  I too have an Arris SBG-6900AC.  I had to actually go back to it because of the problems I am having with a newer Netgear modem.  192.168.0.1 errors out to "....unsupported protocol" and "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH".  My modem is set up because I was able to use Internet Explorer from another PC in my house that is running Windows 10.  I need it to work on MY PC with Windows 11.  Thanks in advance.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Firefox: about:config "tls" > security.tls.version.min=1.  Reset to 3 after completion.

Hello,  I had to research much to figure this out, so I posted the above in a hurry.  Chrome and Edge have excluded certain TLS levels for security's sake, as well as removed options which formerly let users override them.  Although Firefox also removed the obvious override, one can go into advanced settings to log back into your router, do your tasks, then log out.  After that, if you're not a Firefox user, you can just leave it alone until the next time you need to log into your router.

1.  Install Firefox.

2.  Type "About:config" in the address bar and hit return.

3.  Click "Accept the risk" and continue.

4.  Type "tls" in the search bar and hit return.

5.  Click the pencil icon at the far right of "security.tls.version.min" to edit the cutoff setting prevening your login, which is currently 3.

6.  Type "1" and hit return.

7.  Type "192.168.0.1" in the address bar and hit return.

8.  Click "advanced" and then "Accept the risk and continue".

9.  Login to the router and complete your tasks.

10.  Log out of the router; Type "About:config" in the address bar, hit return; Type "tls" in the search bar, hit return; For "security.tls.version.min", click the reset arrow button to the right of the edit button.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_bb4e88​ I use Google Chrome.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @northeye! Thank you for reaching out about the issue you're having logging into your router settings. Is your internet connection working at this time? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_bb4e88 Hello and thank you for reaching out on our Xfinity Community Forum. I would be more than happy to help with these router settings issues. Just to confirm, are you currently able to connect to the internet at all, even over a direct Ethernet connection? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ I can connect to the internet just fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Perfect, thank you so much for getting back to me here, @northeye! It sounds like service is being delivered successfully to your home and the issue is isolated to your equipment. Have you tried factory resetting the equipment? If you're still having issues after that I'd recommend reaching out to the equipment manufacturer to further investigate. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here. Internet connection is working but admin page needed for configuring specific device and DHCP settings is not accessible.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I can confirm as user@user_bb4e88 pointed out this appears to be an issue specific to chromium-based browsers (I use Vivaldi, someone else mentioned Chrome). I happen to have the SeaMonkey browser installed and it navigates to 192.168.0.1 router admin portal just fine, no adjusting settings necessary (just the typical "accept risk" prompt to respond to).

I do not see a way to adjust TLS settings in my normal (chromium-based) browser as apparently can be done in Firefox. Firefox is more deeply configurable than any other browser so it might be I have been searching for an option that simply doesn't exist.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I expanded the solution to be more verbose above.

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Thank you for reaching back out to us through our Forums! Have you been experiencing the same issue as before? How has everything been going? Would you still like us to look into this for you? Thanks in advance, and we look forward to hearing back from you! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.0.3 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I got this error when trying to connect to my Arris SBG6580-2 modem when entering the default IP for the modem 192.168.0.1 in the URL box of both Chrome and MS Edge browers.   I then tried using Internet Explorer which displayed a message indicating the connection is not safe,  but was able to click the option to proceed anyway "Go on to the webpage (not recommended)".  Once I did I was directed to the Arris admin login as expected.

-----

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Recommended iconClose this tab

More information  More information  

Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.
The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit. 
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Not recommended 

Go on to the webpage (not recommended)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has this issue been solved?

I am having this same problem with an ARRIS SBG6900-AC

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_153a37! Thanks for joining the conversation and reaching out to the community for assistance. I'd be more than happy to help however I can! To clarify since there are multiple comments on this post, are you having trouble accessing your modem's admin page? If so, have you tried any of the suggested troubleshooting steps listed by others in the community? What all have you tried as a way to resolve this? Once we have a better picture of what's going on and what steps have not lead to resolution, we should be able to narrow down some answers for you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/arris-sbg6900ac-web-manager/62d9e4650332363bf6a991f8

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here