VWBM's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 6:00 PM

Troubleshooting wifi

Changed wifi password online as a personal choice. What ensued is I could not get wifi as I had no IP address. Wifi was on, but couldn't connect. If a CC technician entered a pw for me, works fine. But I would later try to create a new pw in the "myxfi." Again, I lost my wifi access due to no IP address. I checked tv, pressed little button A and chose the option for wifi troubleshooting. The message there states: "give us a few minutes, we are having trouble opening this app. APPS: 04154. This seems to be related to Netflix? Hulu? I don't have that stuff. I usually press the wifi button to see my pw. I wonder if my needing an employee to successfully change my pw is related to this error code. I have spoken to others in the area, I am the only one with the problem. I have done a soft boot of the box. Restartedd the Gateway. Restarted and Reset the modem. Any suggestions?

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

moved post to home network area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
VWBM

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 m ago

Thanks. Sometimes, I am not sure of where to place my question. VWBM

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

5 m ago

Greetings, @VWBM! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with your wifi password. We can certainly have a look into why you seem to be having issues when trying to update it. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here