U

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 6:20 PM

tri-band xfi pods vs. dual-band xfi pods

I just received my xFi pods from Xfinity (SE2-SG) which I believe is a dual-band pod. My modem is tri-band. I need this pod to be optimized for my mesh network. How do I get the dual-band pod replaced with the tri-band pod?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

24 days ago

user_4ibw08, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Are you using your own modem or do you have ours? We want to do everything we can to assist you. 

5 Messages

I am using the Xfinity XB8

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_4ibw08, thanks for clarifying and getting back to us. Current;y, the generation 2 Wi-Fi pod is our latest and a triband pod hasn't been released. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

If it hasn’t been released yet then why is the tri band offered on Amazon? https://a.co/d/c8S8UdR

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_4ibw08, We don't sell Xfinity products through 3rd party sites, but the link that was provided by @BruceW does link to our site. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

18 days ago

@XfinityNicolas wrote: "... a triband pod hasn't been released."

And yet, https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi/xfi-pod says:

... WiFi: Tri-Band Radio ...

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

5 Messages

@BruceW​ Can I assume this tri band version has the 2.4, 5 and 6 ghz bands vs the dual/tri band model that has a 2.4, and (2) 5 ghz bands?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

18 days ago

... Can I assume this tri band version has the 2.4, 5 and 6 ghz bands ...

Maybe not. I can find no official specs for the device, and reviews of it seem to suggest it's a 2.4 + 5 + 5 device.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

5 Messages

@BruceW​ the 2.5 + 5 + 5 is the dual band/tri band hybrid pod…not the true tri band that matches up against the XB8 modem that has 2.4 +5+6. I was told by an Xfinity support person that the tri band has those frequencies 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here