U

Tuesday, July 25th, 2023 9:31 PM

Closed

Traceroute issue with valorant servers

I live in Ashburn, Virginia where the valorant servers are located. I used to get 15 ping to the server before last week. Past 5 days I have been getting 60 ping to Virginia, and 40 to Georgia. I'm somehow closer to another state servers than the servers in my own city. Talked to multiple people on phone and live chat, even a technician who came over to fix it and no one is able to do anything. I contacted Valorant support as well and they tell me its a routing issue from the ISP. No one knows what I'm talking about over the phone and we have no solution to this for some reason. I have tried 3 different xfi modems and my own one this week and none of them seem to fix the issue whatsoever. Connected with ethernet as well.

The tracert is completely fine as well. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_6b6952, thanks for reaching out to our forum for help with your Valorant issues. I know that's a popular game, so I get why this is important to you. I also appreciate all the troubleshooting steps and attempts you've made to get some answers on this traceroute concern. I'd like to run some targeted troubleshooting steps with you, but I'd first like to make sure we're on the same page. What type of device are you using when you notice this issue and what type of connection are you using? Also, are you able to test this on any other device? 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Hello, I'm using a PC. Connected via ethernet cable. Yes I have tried it on different devices and games and it still stays the same. High ping in every game. No one on tech support seems to understand it either.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_6b6952, Gotcha, I appreciate you trying those other games and devices as well. I'd like to take a closer look into your signal health, but I'll need to find your account to do that. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here