R

Saturday, December 30th, 2023 9:41 AM

Closed

Third Party VPN not working on XFI router with MacBook

I use GlobalProtect VPN from school to access certain on-campus resources. The VPN works fine on all other networks and even my phone hotspot but not on my home network. The VPN still connects but the connection seems to stop tunneling the requests making it so I cannot connect to the campus resources. For some reason, this seems to only affect my MacBook, but not the windows computers. I searched for different solutions to adjust, such as turning off IPV6 on my device and a few others, but no luck. The only alternative is getting rid of the Xfi router or getting a new router and putting the XFi in bridge mode, which I cant afford right now.

I have a 2021 MacBook m2 if that makes a difference.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

@RootOfAll Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. Is this a fairly new issue that you are experiencing on your MacBook with your VPN? Also, are you able to access the internet on the MacBook when you turn off the VPN? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

What do your logs say?  Start there instead of Xfinity level one support [Edited: "Inflammatory"].

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClkBCAS 

(edited)

2 Messages

@flatlander3​ I tried the troubleshooting steps above and it did not provide a resolution. I can communicate with the VPN gateway but not the resources. It only affects my M2 Mac and not my windows. I know that would point me to it being the apples fault, but it also only happens when connected to my Xfinity home internet and nowhere else...

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for trying those steps already @RootOfAll. I would be happy to troubleshoot that issue further from here for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here