U

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 9:14 PM

Terrible Customer Service and Internet Setup

So, I've been trying to get setup with internet with Xfinity for around 2 months now and it's been quite frankly one of the most frustrating experiences. [Edited: "Solicitation"] if you can because to be honest, this frustration isn't worth it. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

When I first wanted to get a new internet service provider, it was because my current one needed to run a line from the green box across the street to my house. Apparently, the pipes leading to it was blocked and would require us to dig up the driveway. The people at the house were adamant on not doing so, so we had to inquire about getting internet with another provider.

When I spoke to a xfinity agent, they told me that there was no need for running the line from the green box to our home and that xfinity runs their lines separately. It would be done in that one hole in the ground right on the street outside our home to the box at our home. So, I proceeded to set up an appointment. When the tech came, he came to check the coaxial lines and then proceeded to tell me that they need to run an underground line (the techs called it a drop/bury while agents called it running an underground line; you guys need to get your terminology in sync). So, the tech proceeded to set up that appointment. Next appointment, the tech came...and did the EXACT same thing the last tech did and told me I needed drop/bury and at this point, it was getting frustrating. He again, like the last tech, set up an appointment for it. Next tech that came...did the EXACT same thing the last tech did and said the last tech didn't actually set up the drop/bury appointment. So, another appointment was set up.

Now, I called up Xfinity before this next appointment and getting to an agent was frustrating as well. It's an automated system that has you go through a bunch of menus. When it says, "We can resolve your issue through messaging" and asks if you would like to do so, if you say no, it would NEVER hear you say no and proceed to push you for the messaging again. So, you literally have to wait for them to time out before getting to the next step. Then, the next problem is that they need your account number, which for some reason, they can't find you even with the account number. Once you get past this step, I finally got an agent, I told them the situation, they transfer me, to another department, I repeat what has happened to them. OK, for the next two appointments I've set up, I've called in and three different things happen. 1st time, it was tech (subcontracter it seems) saying that they set it up and xfinity saying that the subcontractor isn't the one that sets that up; classic case of, "it's the other guy's responsibility." 2nd time, someone tells me that maintenance has to come and do the job and not the xfinity techs. The agent sets that up and guarantees a senior tech will come out and get it done. When the day comes, I find out for some odd reason, the appointment was cancelled on their end by someone. 3rd time, the agent says that before, everyone set up it all wrong, and that a construction crew was supposed to come and set that appointment up for me. Also, they now tell me the same thing as my current internet provider which I'm trying to switch out of...I need to run a cable from the green box to my home...which is reason why I wanted another internet provider...so, we're back to square one. They say maintenance will call me within 72 hours...no call called and no one came.

Overall, xfinity makes it super hard to get in contact with anyone; they are blatant about it. Their agents have NO IDEA what they are doing and have no understanding of their internal processes. They are using subcontractors so they can push their responsibilities and take no blame for their inadequacies. Their subcontractors do the same thing and push the blame to xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

Hello @user_geygjy, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern, and I'd like the opportunity to check into this for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here