phillyaj's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 12:03 PM

Tech says He's seeing 1967Mbps Download speed at XB8, so why am I only seeing 600Mbps at my Router?

Here's the story.  Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I upgraded from 1G to 2G and had to rent an XB8 to get the upload speeds  (Another story).           Set up the XB8 in Bridge mode so I can use my ASUS router.    Connect my router (2.5G port) to the 2.5G port of the XB8.  I am only seeing 500-600 Mbps from the router.      Chatted with an Xfinity tech (Thank you Marco) last night who said he tested my line and it was excellent and he was able to get 1967Mbps when he connects to the XB8.  hmmmm???????     Previously I had my router connected to an Arris S33 modem (with 1G service) and was consistently seeing >1G download speeds, so I'm certain my router can handle it.   I don't see any settings on the router that should throttle the connection.  My router log shows that it has 2500Mbps full-duplex connection to the XB8.    Any Ideas??

2 Messages

2 months ago

Similar occurrence with my upgrade as well. Did you ever find a solution?  I’m in the same boat and techs all say I’m getting 2gb at the modem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @phillyaj and @user_6xvcr7! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about your recent upgrade. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Is anybody helping the original poster ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here