D

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 29th, 2021 9:01 PM

Closed

surge protection

I recently experienced a lightning strike that appeared to be near the cable box outside my home.  None of my internet equipment(modem, router, switch, etc.) was damaged.  However, the two pieces of equipment connected via Ethernet cable were fried.  Specifically, my ethernet card in my desktop PC and my stereo which was hardwired also.  Nothing else in the house was damaged.  My question is, does Xfinity have any recommendations on surge protection on the equipment that I listed?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @donjocko260! I'm sorry to hear about the lightning strike being so aggressive but I'm glad that nothing big was damaged like the house or the actual equipment! That's a good question and there are actually a lot of good third-party ethernet specific surge protectors out there. I know Amazon has a good selection but we always recommend checking local electronics stores as they specialize in equipment like that and would be able to find the best option for you! I hope this helps!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here