JamminRS's profile

Not applicable

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 4:45 AM

Closed

Superfast plan - 100/200mbps upload speeds?

Hello.
I've read reports (reddit/comcast direct) and discussions (dslreports.com) that the "Superfast" plan I was updated to this year is capable of 800mbps down and 200mbps up*, *IF I have Comcast XB6 equipment, 100mbps up if I have my own.
I have my own equipment. Per the announcement (I now can't find link) at reddit, my city was included (without a *)
After seeing these discussions, and seeing my modem had not restarted in 100+ days, I restarted my cable modem from it's admin interface (192.168.100.1) and though I have indeed increased my download speed from it's previous speed, my upload speed stayed at 20mbps.
(This is tied directly to a computer, not wi-fi). I've tried another computer and cable tied to the modem, but it too only reached 20(24 actually)mbps upload to both speedtest.xfinity.com and speedtest.net)

Many years ago, when the upload speed was 10mbps, I worked with a sales rep to add an additiona 10mbps to update me to 20mbps.
I'm now concerned that has locked my upload speed. I'm downloading at ~940mbps, uploading at ~24mbps, after tonights modem reboot. I was getting about 720/24 prior.

Can an official rep please confirm that the area I live in has indeed updated to 100/200mbps upstream, and assist me in correcting to that speed?

Thanks,
JamminR

Accepted Solution

Not applicable

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Solved thanks to XfinityJim (or one of his co-workers) = Must have "Xfi Complete" package.

Even if you have your own equipment that can support it and the Superfast plan, at this time, you won't get the increased speed without that plan.

I have strong opinions about that, but, they are not relevant to this question nor are they helpful here.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

JamminRS,

Check out this link where someone posted a good bit of information explaining the requirements to receive the increased upload speeds for comcast mid splits implementation and the speed tiers.  Looking at your download speed (800mbps tier) is what I have and that tier will have 100mbps upload speeds with xfi complete on your account and using an xb7 or xb8 modem from comcast.

It could be that your town shows up, but they may not have been turned on yet.  I ran into this at multiple phases of the process.  The key is when your account shows you now have 100 or 200mbps upload speeds on your speed tier, thats when you can get them.  I however, had to go through tech support in which they ran me through 10 different things and they reprovisioned my xb7, forced new ips and everything and were not able to get the upload channels to all show up.  After all of this, they finally opened an internal engineering ticket and 2 days later i got a call that it should be fixed, i received an email at the same time the person called me saying i have new upload speeds increased.  I retested my speed and sure enough it was fixed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/

(edited)

Not applicable

• 

10 Messages

@kirkyg​ Thanks. That reddit announcement link is the one I'd found but lost and mentioned in my first post.
Unfortunately, it was confusing and what brought me here.
It mentions my city as having rolled out officially, and, I know I'm in Central region.
According to it's EQUIPMENT info, it says one must have Xfinity equipment and certain types (XBx...), and the poster will update once confirmed about customer equipment.
But then, below the SPEEDS section, it says "NOTE: Customers will receive upload speeds of 200 Mbps if they subscribe to xFi Complete with an XB7 or XB8 and 100 Mbps if they don't."

I feel like I should be getting 100. (Sucks not 200, but i get it, Xfinity wants the control.

So, hence why i'm here... That's totally confusing.

Are people with their own equipment not allowed to participate?

And I'm concerned that my plan was grandfathered.
I used to have a standard plan, and then paid $20 more to have extra 10mbps upstream.
I had 20mbps upstream long before it became standard for 'Superfast".
I forget what it was called. It's been a while since i had a bill without 'superfast' written on it.

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @JamminRS, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! We will be more than happy to check on your account to see if your area did receive the speed increase! If you don't mind, can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We look forward to hearing back from you! 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

1 year ago

@kirkyg  Great info… I called tech support, they had no clue what I was talking about, but they did offer me a free flex box, (I already have one) ….

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

If your account shows your plan is 100 or 200 mbps upload then the hardware has been installed in your neighborhood.  However the upload channels may still not be being utilized.  See the screenshot attached below - if your plan shows your speeds like this you need to get on a call with tech support ask them to help you get the speeds that you should be getting for your plan.  They'll go through tons of things and then probably eventually have to create a ticket with engineering.  If they don't then ask them can you please submit a ticket to engineering to look into this issue and then you'll get somewhere.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@kirkyg​ Do you have a URL for that page which displays upload speed? I don't see a page like that. Maybe that's on the "new" site and I'm only seeing the "old" website?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sorry for the delayed response.  This is the URL:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/auth?CMP=ILC_Internet_xfinity-learn-shop_au

You'll have to be logged into your account when you go to the xfinity homepage and click the internet under Your Services at the top left

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

1 year ago

Ok thanks, mine still says 35….

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

1 year ago

@JamminRS  I got that package, no speed increase yet, I was told it could take up to 3 weeks to get implemented, we will see….

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here