U

Saturday, July 6th, 2024 3:56 PM

Sudden drop in speed since 06/26/2024

I have xfinity 1G service with advertised 1200mbps download and 35mbps upload speeds. I had been achieving 300-700mbps over wifi and in the 900s via wired connections. My last test at this speed was 6/26/2024 where I had a 938/41 d/u result. Since, I have been in the 75-95 download range with one exception, all through a wired connection. I have another PC with a wireless connection not achieving over 100mbps download. Nothing else on my network has changed. I have had several chats with support after completing the typical router restart, unplug, cable disconnect, etc. There has been no change to the results and I am told the signal to my Xfinity XB8 is healthy (I also have 2 pods).

I would appreciate any suggestions to return to my previous speeds. My spouse and I both WFH on certain days of the week and we have a young gamer in the home. All are impacted by the recent change and NEVER had issues previously. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hello @user_prdwyg, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the speeds, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

2 months ago

@user_prdwyg @XfinityKrista 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

3 Messages

Finished with Xfinity Support direct message. No change to the current issue after remote tests and remote modem restart. Technician visit scheduled later this week.

1 Message

2 months ago

OP, did a tech come out to investigate? Where are you located? I'm having a suspiciously similar issue. I live near Boston and upgraded to the 1200mbit plan in May because that was the only special price running at the time I had to renew. I have a Plume mesh system which auto checks my ISP speed daily. For years I've consistently gotten 500+ Mbps on lower plans. And for most of June it was around 570 (I have an SB6183 modem so I can't get full benefit of my plan but I don't care). Starting on June 24th the speed dropped to about 90-95mbps every day. Four days ago on July 14 I had a long tech support chat with an Xfinity agent who sent a booster signal to my modem,  I power cycled my modem and router, and my speeds return to 570+. Then starting yesterday they're back to 90 or so. Very frustrating!! I'm curious to learn about any solutions you've found. I'm going to try to get more support and will share back anything useful.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Granite24 I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing a similar issue. Are you still getting the same speed results? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try rebooting the modem manually or through the Xfinity App? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

1 month ago

Update: I worked with Xfinity support after receiving a response to this post. After 2 hours of chatting online, the result was no indication of network changes, several temporary service interruptions due to a faulty power supply in the area (but this would have impacted more than slower speed) and remote tests looked good (signal into the home looked strong, packet loss and T3/T4 timeouts had no significant activity). A remote gateway refresh was completed and with no improvement a tech visit was scheduled.

I should note prior to the tech visit, I logged onto the router/gateway through the 10.0.0.1 ip address. Once there, I went to Troubleshooting -> Reset/Restore Gateway -> “Reset Wi-Fi Router,” and once that completed, I went back in and did a “Reset.” Once these steps were completed, I returned to typical down/up speeds of 900+/38+.

I kept the service appt. anyway to make sure there was not another issue. The tech visited and tested all cable lines, starting inside, then at the connection to the house, and then at the node in the back yard. He also replaced the modem/router (B8 replaced with B8). I have had consistent speed tests since the visit (appx. 3 weeks ago).

Ultimately, I concluded logging onto the gateway through a web browser and resetting the Wi-Fi router in two different ways seems to resolve the issue. Using the Xfinity app on my phone did not produce the same fix.

@Granite24 I am located in northern Colorado outside Fort Collins.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

@user_prdwyg 

Thanks for the update ! Hope things hold up for you ! Good luck !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here