G

Thursday, July 4th, 2024 12:42 AM

Strange Internet Outage

I am experiencing an extended selective outage. I can only access the internet to view Google based things (google, youtube, gmail work fine) most other sites all time out and fail to connect. This is across multiple devices (phone, tablet, pc, laptop). TV cable still working too.

Xfinitiy did tell me earlier that some work was being done today for somekind of upgrade that may cause outages, but I also recieved a text saying it was done and connection was restored. 

I've have mixed information for xfinity sources about if or if not there is an outage in my area. On top of that, I've never heard of a selective outage like this, where some sites work and others are being seemingly blocked. I don't know what to do.

S.O.S. Please Help.

2 Messages

3 months ago

Confirmed with neighbor this morning they are experiencing the same issue. Where google sites work and other don't.

So it is some kind of strange partial outage. Never seen anything like this before, wild.

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@Glycell  Thanks for posting about it. If its still going on, follow the steps here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/schedule-repair-appointment to troubleshoot. It will fix things remotely, and offer a technician to help onsite if it's not fixed immediately. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

im seeing same thing , july 4th 2024 

started at like 9am when i got up, havnt been able to reset my device , checked connections ,all good of course. 

i hit reset button on my browser , it says signal sent but i watch my router lights and nothing changes from the 3 lights(should be 4 if its functioning properly) 

but none of my devices can access internet, im on mobile data right now.

and Google doesn't even work for me but strange it does for you. 

i would've like to play some of my games on my days off for the 4th but guess not 

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@user_5gwod2 Were you able to get back online successfully? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here