G

Friday, July 19th, 2024 12:59 AM

Storm Ready Wifi not working

Hello Xfinity,

I have two case numbers you may reference, which I can DM.

I have reached out via Xfinity Chat Support who escalated me to team after team trying to get my Storm Ready Wifi to work. I got it around February or March of this year and it was working great, until a few days ago when I encountered a power outage.

I received a notification saying that my storm ready wifi has activated since it detected the power outage, however it wasn't broadcasting my network. It was broadcasting some other SSID

Chat support has walked me through holding down the reset button for 15-30 seconds
Rebooting the Storm Ready Wifi by unplugging power to both the unit and battery
Power cycling my Xfinity Gateway
Removing all other network devices from my network to isolate this
They said they removed my device

I have also made sure my xfinity app is up to date
I uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone.

My Xfinity App now appears to be missing the option to view my Storm Ready Wifi.

At the moment, my Storm Ready Wifi is constantly just flashing a white light.

Chat Support eventually told me to call phone support and then when Phone Support couldn't figure it out they sent on-site support. On-site support told me they couldn't do anything either.

May someone please help me get this working again?

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

Hey thereguyinthechair, I really appreicate you taking the time to create such a detailed post and for taking so many steps on your end already. Since you've gone through some troubleshooting steps and have already worked with support on this issue, I'd like to review your account to accurately take our next steps. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Thank you for the reply!

I sent a direct message as per your instructions.

Thank you again!

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

2 months ago

I had issues with mine. I remoted my pods, and everything worked. I have the xfi pod gen 2, then did the setup again and it worked for me 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here