U

Tuesday, January 30th, 2024 9:49 AM

Closed

Storm Ready WiFi not working

We have an area outage so I am unable to get support for the storm ready WiFi because I keep getting routed through Comcast notorious loop of no help. The storm ready WiFi status in the app says it’s a strong signal and full battery (our power isn’t out) my devices find the network and get right on but there is no service. Troubleshooting in the app keeps telling me it’s got a strong signal so why no service?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 months ago

@user_rp1w5e Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I understand your concern with the storm-ready WiFi, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you. To get started, please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the top line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yeah, mine doesn’t work either. I thought my devices were supposed to connect automatically and they would show connected under the same network, but my home network is not shown and all my battery operated devices are offline…. So no, they did not “seamlessly connect”

(edited)

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@Chancro1 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here