U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022 8:00 PM

Closed

Static IP on Xfinity residential gateway

Looking for guidance on how to set up a static IP for one of my connected devices on my residential gateway

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_92d590 Thanks for the post! Sadly, residential accounts are unable to have static IPs. We only provide them to Business customers. 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@XfinityJodie​ 

FWIW. You are talking about the public / WAN IP address that the Comcast DHCP server assigns to the routers and the combo gateway devices. They are talking about the private / LAN IP addresses that the routers and the gateway device's built-in DHCP servers assign to the individual home network clients..

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

2 years ago

Best way to do is by setting up a reserved IP on the gateway itself, otherwise just configure the device manually using an IP within the LAN's range.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I've always had my own routers and cable modems. This is my 1st rental from comcast. So where is the WAN control where I can reserve IP addresses? I want to setup my Wired HP printer with a static IP address. Also, one of my wireless devices keeps getting knocked off (approx once per day) and I have to sign in to wireless network again. Where can I go and authorize that device or all deveice for unlimited access, without timed renewals?

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

Thank you for joining us on the Xfinity Forums @macman218! We don't currently offer the option for a Static IP through residential. However, it would be available through Comcast Business services! They can be reached by calling 1-800-391-3000. 

For the device that's disconnecting, that definitely shouldn't happen! Our team can help right here with checking into this further for you. What type of device is this happening with? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far to check into this connection issue?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

2 years ago

They want LAN / private static IP's, not WAN / public...

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

"We don't currently offer the option for a Static IP through residential" That's just awful!

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Cool_Hand_Luke 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 2-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here