maureenmtjuliet's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 4:21 PM

SSID broadcast

Am trying to install new modem from Comcast. Could not get into ipconfig so had to use APP and it sets SSID to broadcast. It won’t allow me to change to not broadcast.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 days ago

Hello, how are you today? I hope overall your day has been a good one! Are you able to let us know the make and model number of your modem? I'm asking because I recommend confirming if it's online or not. We will be able to tell based on the lights on the modem.

Are you also able to confirm your goal? Are you trying to activate the modem or stop it from broadcasting your wireless network? You might need to put the modem in Bridge Mode if this is what you're needing, but please let us know a little more details. Our dedicated team is always going to do everything possible to help! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 days ago

I used to be able to change the SSID, decide whether or not to broadcast the SSID, etc.  I can no longer do this.  The options are greyed out.

Official Employee

• 

549 Messages

RJGnyc https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password  Can you try this link, and let me know if this works? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here