U

Saturday, June 1st, 2024 2:33 AM

Speed down to 90 Mbps

Hello,

After restart my speeds are over 550Mbps but within an hour they will go back down to 90Mbps. They will stay there forever unless the modem is restarted.

I have tested via Ethernet directly to modem and results are the same. I have removed all splitters inside and outside the house and installed a 6dB attenuator.

The issue has been going on for months now. Modem is Arris SB8200. Channel info is below, please help!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

Good evening @user_99mdz3, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your speed issues. We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your connection and you need to restart your modem in order to get your speeds back up, I can imagine how frustrating this must be getting for you and you shouldn't have to restart your modem that frequently. I'm also sorry to hear this has been going on for months but want to assure you that our team will do everything we can to get this resolved, you're in good hands! May I ask if you experience slow speeds across all of your devices or is it one in particular such as a specific computer or Smart TV? May I also ask how old your modem is?

2 Messages

Hello, thank you for the reply. Speeds are as tested by my router, and confirmed by connecting a computer directly to the modem. Hard to say how old the modem is, I would think a few years. It's hardware version 4, if that tells you anything.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for confirming that the speeds are tested by your router and confirmed by connecting your computer directly to the modem, we appreciate it @user_99mdz3. We also appreciate you letting us know your modem is a few years old, it could be time to get a new one but before you spend money doing that, let's take a look at your signal levels and run some diagnostics. I want to assure you that our team will do everything we can to help! To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue here. I’ve connected with both wifi and a cat 6. Neither go above 90 mbps download. XFSetup-8BXF router. This looks like the “ole switcheroo.” 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_8tv6am We appreciate your previous attempts for troubleshooting and we can assist further. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

To send a direct message: 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here