M

Monday, May 6th, 2024 12:19 AM

Closed

Some home network connections are being forwarded to an external captive portal

Some connections to my home network are forwarding to an external captive portal site - connectivitycheck - which brings up an xfinity mobile hotspot login page, but this is not a mobile hotspot - it's my home network. How do I stop this from happening? Not every connection gets forwarded to the external site - only some of them. This includes some of the wifi connections and some of the ethernet connections - but not all. I know they are connected to the internet because they are bringing up that external page, but they show as not connected because that captive portal appears to be blocking the connection. But again, some wifi connections and some ethernet connections are working fine.

Official Employee

• 

935 Messages

11 days ago

madmartian Thanks for reaching out! You may have a modem provisioning or setup concern that is causing this issue. Are you using your own modem, or a Xfinity Gateway?

2 Messages

Indeed, this is what it turned out to be. The Xfinity person set it up using the WAN MAC when they should have used the HFC MAC. 

Official Employee

• 

935 Messages

madmartian Ah, that makes sense! I'm glad you were able to get it figured out. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here