C

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 9th, 2021 3:03 AM

Closed

Solved Issue after updating wifi name & password on default Xfinity website

I was unable to connect several devices to my network after changing the name and password with the white router/modem combination. In case someone else has this issue here are the steps I took to solve it. I tried multiple times even restarted the router/modem. Nothing worked. Tried 10x on different devices and only got one to connect. Now I know why.

The problem is that xfinity has masked features from their customers only accessible if you tap directly into the router and bypass xfinity's dumbed down website. What I figured out was that after changing the wifi name it did indeed change the name for 2.4 5ghz channels (they are combining these into one now to avoid connection issues) but the 2.4ghz one did not change the password, only the 5ghz one changed the password. The 2.4ghz password was the old password, the 5ghz one was the new password - my one device that worked connected to the new name & new password - all other devices must have been connected only to the 2.4ghz channel and kept saying it wouldn't connect - it is my understanding it's because the password was the old one and I got "unable to connect" every time.

1. Connect a computer with ethernet or use cell phone for internet access. 

2. Open a web browser, go to http://10.0.0.1, and sign in. If you haven't changed it, the default username is admin and the default password is password.

3. Check and see if the passwords or names of the 2.4/5ghz signal is different as shown on Xfinity's wifi "edit" page. 

Cheers

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here