M

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 6:30 PM

Slow speeds to gateway (Plan 1200mbps)

Good afternoon,. Speeds have not improved and we are still experiencing high ping and packet loss especially later on during the day. I've tried the possible solution of discharging the voltage on the coax cable however that did not seem to work. I believe that the issue has to do with possible Network congestion in the neighborhood causing this issue and not our house alone. As it happens at different times of the day. I've read online that other people have had issues with cable network congestion. 

We've had multiple technician visits and a supervisor a couple of times and the supervisor said that everything looks fine on their end. However even during the tech visits speeds are around 600mbps and they replaced the coax cable going from the house to the lockbox to the tap on the pole. Since the speeds drop throughout the day. I suspect it's due to a overload in the neighborhood that affects our zoom calls and packet loss while gaming. (Low speeds and higher ping)

Earlier today I talked with a lady who works for Xfinity she explained what the technicians wrote down / explained to her basically saying there was nothing on their end as they replaced the coax running to the house from the tap. As I stated. Basically saying theirs nothing else they can do on their end. 

Also, this issue has been occurring ever since Xfinity upgraded the network in the area for the midsplit and faster upload speeds. Before the beginning of April everything worked well and we never had a serious issue with our network. I know speeds can drop but they shouldn't be dropping this much. Everyday. 

Adding that we switched out 2 gateways 

2 XB8

1 XB7 (currently on)

All screenshot are linked in the Google drive link below. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hOcZOeNv1GOnqn7TFah16Y6pgWwhrPgq

Official Employee

• 

942 Messages

22 days ago

Hi there, @MathewA1 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with your service, I understand how frustrating it is for you. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

22 days ago

@MathewA1 @XfinityRichard 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here