U

Thursday, August 22nd, 2024 12:06 AM

Slow download speeds and lag spikes, please help!

I've been dealing with frequent lag spikes that are causing my devices to glitch. I upgraded my plan, hoping it would solve the issue, but it didn't help. Additionally, my download speeds are far below what I'm paying for. I'm supposed to have a 1000mbps connection, but when downloading games on my Xbox, I'm only getting speeds of 19-80mbps. Can you please help me with this?

Expert

• 

106K Messages

29 days ago

First. Are these all WiFi connections ? If so, as a test, does a computer / device that is hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

With this test, we are trying to isolate this down to being either a WiFi-only problem or a problem with the general connection to the Comcast system which would of course affect both. It's a good first step in troubleshooting before proceeding any further. 

2 Messages

@EG​ these are all wifi connection, however, my tv is hardwired with an Ethernet and it also experiences issues as well. I’ve tried unplugging and resetting everything and nothing resolves the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

27 days ago

Hey there user_fml8u8, thanks for creating this post and sharing those details regarding what you're experiencing. Let's work together on this and find a resolution. I do see you've already sent a DM, and I have responded. I look forward to working with you more privately. 

- XfinityMarcos

Expert

• 

106K Messages

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

27 days ago

@XfinityMarcos @user_fml8u8 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here