U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 3rd, 2024 2:48 PM

Slow and inconsistent Internet speeds

For about three weeks my Internet has been very slow. I pay for the 1200 MB speed. I have spent lots of time with chat and live chat with little to show for it. The only thing chat and live agents seem to accomplish is setting up an onsite visit. I have had three onsite visits with no positive result. I did a speed test with a direct connection to my modem at the Xfinity incoming line outside my house. I told the last tech this on arrival. He still checked everything in all the house connections and said there must be a problem with the service at the street. That is what I had determined by direct plugging to my modem at the outside incoming line. He said the lines in the street were handled by a different crew and they should get to it in a couple of days. 

The problem has had the same answer for over three weeks. All the "troubleshooting" has done is waste my time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

user_7ce13a Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. When you can, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can look into this for you. Here are instructions on how to send us a Direct Message in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here