Seeing packet loss as soon as I use Xfinity's network - any ideas?
Upgraded from 100 down to 300 down hoping that it would make WFH better for all of us in the house. I did not. I implemented QoS on the router, that helped tremendously, but I was still getting issues streaming, video calls, during gaming (felt like packet loss) - so I started to investigate.
- Modem - Arris SB6183 (3.0)
- Router - ASUS RC68U (Merlin firmware)
- DNS resvolver - local, hardwired
- Comptuers wired w/ Gigabit where testing is involved
As you can see in the graph below - I am getting packet loss to the _very first Xfinity IP_ that I encounter as soon as I leave my own network. That tells me there's an issue on Xfinity's side, as there's no packet loss between my computers on the LAN.
What can I do to resolve this?
Things I've tried:
- Power cycled our WiFi router
- Power cycled our modem
- Called Xfinity, have them "re-provision the modem" - twice.
- Disabled QoS on the router (no difference in packet loss)