Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter
1st Kudo

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Thu, Apr 15, 2021 7:46 AM

SBG6782-AC got a firmware update yesterday, can't load web interface

Looks like my (purchased) SBG6782-AC got a firmware pushed to it about 24 hours ago.  Since then, the modem has internet, but I can't access the web interface.  Chrome complains about a certificate and won't load it at all, Safari can get past that but then only loads a tiny amount of the page and stops.  I see the copyright is now 2021 so I know it got some sort of update.

Anyone else with this modem get an update recently?

Responses

Visitor

• 

1 Message

23 d ago

Yes, same I am having the same issue with my SGB6782. Contacted Xfinity cust service, and after bouncing around to 4 different people, they said they would be performing tests and monitoring, then will call me back, fingers crossed. At the same time, when I request a modem restart/reboot from my smartphone app, or laptop website, if fails to reboot. Cust service attempted to restart/reboot and that didn't work either. This is a real mess...... and I'm experiencing intermittent connectivity with other devices.....

Visitor

• 

1 Message

14 d ago

I had about 6 installs calling me today telling me they were offline.

What they all had in common was that they all used the SBG6782.

All of them were in the same condition:  The top 4 lights were blinking patterns they've never blinked before.

Nothing I did would get them to connect to the cable system at all.

Eventually I did a 'hard reset' and was able to get them to connect.

Unfortunately, re-activating MoCA, which is why this modem was being used, the router re-crashed and a 'hard reset' was again required to make it boot up again.

So, I left them all with partial internet, but all of their TiVo's or other devices connected via MoCA were all left orphaned.

This is a DISASTER and Comcast needs to make it right, RIGHT NOW!

Houston, FYI.

-KP

Visitor

• 

1 Message

14 d ago

Same issue with SBG6782-AC update.  After three 'hard factory resets' and reconfigurations, left the MOCA disable and operating with WiFi on devices for now.  Hoping that Comcast / Xfinity has another update to fix this MOCA bug in the near future.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 d ago

I've been having the same issue with the SBG6782-AC. After 3 years with few issues, my modem/MoCA solution suddenly stopped working a couple days ago. A hard reset brings back modem functionality in it's base state, but enabling MoCA crashes the modem, requiring another reset. I also tried leaving MoCA disabled on the modem, instead using a MoCA bridge with two external devices ... the MoCA bridge works great, but I continually get internet service disconnects and the modem eventually becomes inaccessible, similar to if MoCA were enabled on the modem. I activated an old modem SBG680-2 and it does the exact same thing when using the external MoCA bridge.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 d ago

On the 28th of April Synology emailed me it had lost connection to my NAS at 3:45am and after spending over an hour on the phone with Comcast I assumed my 6782 just gave out.  

Well, it's obvious now that Comcast broke it and I expect them to either fix or replace it.

I'm in the Minneapolis area if anyone else here had their modem die around the same time I did, I'd be curious to know.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

141 Messages

@user_71b54b Hello! Sorry to learn about what happened. Are there still issues from the interruption that happened? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

6 d ago

@ComcastJodie What about the original poster and the subsequent posters ?

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 d ago

In Florida and having the same issue. I can get my internet wi-fi working, but the minute I activate MoCA it breaks. What gives Xfinity? Any word on a patch?

Official Employee

• 

163 Messages

Hi there @user_a360d6. Just wanted to reach out and see if you were still having issues? If so, please feel free to PM us with your name and address. 

To send a private message, please click on the chat icon on the top right next to the bell. Please make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

@ComcastJodie Your latest reply was to a poster that first posted 2 days ago... What about the original poster and the subsequent posters ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New to the Community?

Start Here