U

Saturday, July 27th, 2024 5:13 PM

SB8200 Upload issues

Why did my upload speeds drop when I switched to the Arris SB8200? I am only getting 5 mbps up. I tried to call customer service, but only got automated message, then tried the assistant and eventually got a person, who said everything looked fine. However, they said it was escalated and someone would call me back within an hour, which definitely did not happen, so I am trying this forum instead. I have seen comments that the SB8200 is not supported for the next gen speeds, but for the life of me I can not seem to figure out if I have that option (I am on Blast package 800 down and 200 up I believe).

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_wsj543 Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can answer your questions about upload speeds on the SB8200. Your modem is not on the list of devices that are capable of our Next Gen speeds, but you should be getting more than 5 Mbps upload. Are you testing your speeds while connected directly to the modem via ethernet? If you're using a separate router, please be sure to bypass it and test the modem itself. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here