U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 7th, 2021 2:46 AM

Closed

SB8200 lights

I had zero issues with my old Arris surfboard for years.  Then someone accidentslly cut my line while digging and I had it fixed by Xfinity.  After that I had connectivity issues about once a week for a month.  I got a new modem, the SB8200, to rule out a modem issue.  I registered the modem using both the app and calling in to Xfinity.  It seemed like the modem was active.  But it would not connect to the internet.

The modem would power up.  The power would turn green, download green, the upload green, then the internet would flash green then the modem lights change to power white, download blue, upload white, and internet white (all solid).  I could not connect to the internet.  I fiddled with various things, called Xfinity, but no change.  An Xfinity technitian came out checked a bunch of things and couldn't get it connected.  They set up an Xfinity modem that worked just fine.  After they left I tried to add my SB8200 back in.  Same thing with the lights and no internet.  I called Xfinity and Arris and did not seem to get anywhere.  Then magically it started letting me connect to the internet after power cycling and changing some cables around (used old cables versus new cables installed for the Xfinity modem).  The lights are still the same.  All white except for blue download but I have internet for the moment.  If anyone can tell me why my lights are white and blue instead of green and blue I would appreciate it!! 

The only thing I can think of is that maybe my modem lights just appear white when they are actually green, and I was just having some wierd IP address issues since I plug my modem into a network switch.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hmmm... FWIW, I don't see any indication of a potentially white-colored LED indicator light here: https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-LED-Light-Status/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

3 years ago

The SB8200 has no white lights. Only green and blue, and only the up/downstream lights are dual-color. You may want to do a color blindness check as you may have a red-green deficiency.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the responses.  What's odd is that during initial bootup the lights are very clearly green.  After bootup the lights look white (except for the download which is very blue).  I can view from an angle and the internet light almost looks light green.  Maybe something inside the modem is installed funny.  

And my issue with the internet not connecting was an IP address issue I believe.  Moving my router back in between my modem and switch is the key.  I moved it during troubleshooting and I think that was causing my issues later with the new modem after my cut wire was fixed.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Mine look exactly like the original poster - white, blue, white white.  Absolutely no hint of green at all.  They blinked green during setup, then turned white.  Unfortunately the blue is so bright that i cant get a good photo of the white.  Searchng for an answer before contacting Arris, however my old modem (i just replaced it yesterday) SB6141 also had white and blue lights once it was connected.  It only showed green when connecting.  This is strange.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

@Ackermari

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks.  The original poster has not returned. 2-month-old dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here