U

Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 3:24 PM

Closed

Router browsing history

Hello, can you tell me how to view browser history on my router so I can tell what websites my kids are using?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

8 months ago

Greetings, @user_5066db! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about your browser history. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

There isn't really any browsing history stored in the modem or router itself, unless one of the websites they visited happened to trigger a security alert. Those would be listed under Advanced Security. The only way to see your complete browsing history would be through the "History" or "Security" settings tab on the individual browsers used.

1 Message

4 months ago

Hello there!

I am trying to check my kids browsing history but everything people are saying just doesn’t seem to work. I am trying to find it in logs section or advanced but there is nothing saying history or security… could you help me?

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

@user_x0wdog You will only be able to see browsing history in the web browser on the device being used. The Xfinity Gateway does not store web history unless a security alert was triggered. If you are concerned with their browsing activities, take a look at this article. Set Up Parental Controls for the Internet

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here