U

Sunday, May 12th, 2024 2:16 AM

Roku streaming stick 4k

I have 3 Roku Streaming Sticks 4K. I had them connected to T-Mobile 5G Home Internet and had no problems. They all worked great. On April 7, 2024, I installed Xfinity WiFi. The Roku Streaming Sticks all connected to the WiFi and worked for a while. Now, they never maintain connectivity and have to constantly be reconnected. This even happens in the middle of a program. It just stops and I have to go through the initialization process all over again, and again. What’s up? Do I need to set up port forwarding? If so, which ports? I did notice that my Xfinity modem/router is ipv4. Should it be ipv6? Or does that not even matter? I read online that I need to make sure my 2.4ghz band is set to b,g,n. But that selection change is not available to the user.

2 Messages

11 days ago

I might have found the solution. I need a few weeks to be sure. My Xfinity WiFi is fiber optics. I had an XB7 gateway that was an older model and only supported IPv4. I now have an XB7 gateway that has been upgraded with a new chip and supports both IPv4 and IPv6. When I activated it, it went out and found all my Roku devices, and all my other devices. Previously I also had problem with a Eufy E340 video doorbell not connecting to the Xfinity WiFi. I had to send it back. Probably the same IPv6 problem. Note: I went to the Xfinity store to get the newer XB8 gateway, which also supports IPv4/6. However, I was told it is not for fiber optics connections. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here