U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 8th, 2023 2:12 AM

Closed

RockStar social club Timeout

I couldn't connect to Rockstar Social Club and hence couldn't log in to play any game. This happened to my home wifi and now happen to the public Xfinity wifi. Could you please help solve the problem?

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

1 year ago

You need to contact the web host of that domain and /or the level 3 backbone provider about this problem because the blocking is happening beyond the Comcast webspace.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there, @user_6f7265. Thank you for reaching out about the issues you're experiencing connecting to RockStar. I recommend following the below steps to see if it helps resolve the connection issues if you're on PC:

1) From your desktop, right-click on Rockstar Games Launcher and select Properties.
2) In the Properties window, select the tab Compatibility. Check the option Run this program in compatibility mode for: and Run this program as an administrator. Then click Apply > OK.

Please keep me posted if it loads after this or if you're seeing any specific error messages. Are you experiencing any other connection issues outside of RockStar? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​  I have done this and the issue still hasn't resolved itself i have also had my modem switch out it work for 2 days and same issue

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I am sorry to hear this steps did not work for you. Have you tried to uninstall and install the program again? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sorry for the reply. I don't that will fix the problem at all, the issue is with the ip having trouble connect to Rockstar server (social club).
I was thinking maybe Xfinity could change my IP address or something but otherwise it's like @EG  said, contact Rockstar (pretty sure it just ends up circling around) or the other thing which I don't know what that it.
I ended up just use VPN to bypass the issue for now @user_3e7012 

(edited)

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​ 

The trace is clear...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_6f7265 

Have you contacted the game host to see if your public IP address is being blocked by them for some reason ?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@EG​ I haven't but based on the other post I've seen online, Rockstar seems claim they don't have a IP block list or something so I didn't bother (plus hasn't had the time)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

They have your ip addressed blocked all you have ro do os have your ip addressed changed or switch out your modem 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Looks the issue fixes itself now after a week, I can log into social club again

(edited)

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

@user_6f7265​ 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here